I am represented by a Gallery in Atlanta since 2013. Alan Avery Art Company.
We had another successful show in 2022.
The landscape of the last years has been the "backyard" of Canaan NY.
My last trips across were 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016.
I had begun a group of figures in 2012. These are what caught Alan Avery 's attention.
Then I went back to the landscape, til in 2017 I focused on what became the above show, which was figuring out the figures.
I made the figures in Canaan NY but was aware that the inspiration was from the beginning in the landscape of California. I first began there, and probably between Hank Pitcher and I, a wager from Paul Georges, that figure was the real purpose of Art. I continually went back to this idea through the years.
The landscape was the space I dreamt of this possibility. What the figure would look like.
The shows in Atlanta allowed me to gage my progress.
Alan this stop characteristically waved his hands and said what of the sculptures--? He was referring to conversations about re making sculpture, I had used to make the still life and enlarged paintings of.
This vision had all shifted back to California. The landscape becoming the trip to get back to it.
So off to Florida which has replaced California also as a place of imagination one might dream such as the above musing.
No comments:
Post a Comment