Thursday, January 2, 2025

 Gregory Botts Sunflowers at Horsefly Mesa, 24 x 48", 2014















The above painting seems the height of my Painting Along the Road. It was a ranch in Telluride, we went to as a class to paint. Painting the landscape has taken me to some of the most beautiful of places.

I continue to paint on my way across the US, from NYC to New Mexico where I also keep a studio.

I've done some aspect of this since 1990 when I painted in New Mexico, then mainly in Santa Barbara CA and Big Sur, along with Yosemite and then the Tetons in Wyoming before I traveled back to NYC.

It was not until 2007 that I painted in the eastern parts of the US, though I painted in Eastern Long Island until it felt too developed to get the feeling I was after.

There is a sense of the wild that makes a harmony with the form of my drawing and painting.

A student in 2007 suggested I make a blog as I made my trip to New Mexico and Painted Along the Road. This gave the idea some structure that kept me doing it until 2014.

I've painted through the next year's trips. Though with the beginning of Facebook and then Instagram, the posts became shorter and more fragmentary here on Blogger.

I thought I'd go back to Blogger and try to add to the content of the narrative, along with my evolving painting's form.



No comments:

Post a Comment

2026 Trip across Southern Route, from Florida to NM and California

 Never sure how these trips will turn out but I begin excited to see what experience they produce and what I can maybe use in my painting.