Saturday, January 11, 2025

The Southern Route

 Gulf Islands, Louisiana and Big Bend.


I started to recognize this as a Route in 2000 or so. 


I think first I painted east from Big Bend to Gulf Islands. The weather and scenery was just more interesting. Though, I can't tell you how many times I stood under the back of my car's tailgate waiting out a thunderstorm in Louisiana. Rain the big drawback til Texas.





                                                                            Gulf Island Sea shore, Pensacola, 16 x 24", o/c, 2011





Louisiana Swamp near Cecilia, Dusk 16 x 24", o/c, 2011








                                                                       Big Bend, Texas, looking South to Mexico, 16 x 24", o/c, 2011







These three represented something. The hurricane trees in Pensacola. The swamp was newly discovered near Layfayette, LA. Lake Martin. The Big Bend scene. All has something to do with my own demeanor also.


Anyway this is the route I will travel towards, I say towards as the weather will dictate a lot this trip.



No comments:

Post a Comment

2026 Trip across Southern Route, from Florida to NM and California

 Never sure how these trips will turn out but I begin excited to see what experience they produce and what I can maybe use in my painting.